Cisco Enable Password Recovery on Cisco Device
1. Connect to the device using a console cable with the following set on the port:
- 9600 baud rate
- No parity
- 8 data bits
- 1 stop bit
- No flow control
2. Turn the router on
3. If you can access the router, type the following command at the unprivileged prompt and record the configuration register.
4. Turn off the router
5. Turn on the router
6. Hit the “Break” key on the terminal keyboard within 60 seconds of powering up in order to put the router into ROMMON
Refer to the following should the break key not work
7. Type the following command at the “rommon 2>” prompt
8. Type “reset” the reboot the router
9. Type “no” after each set up question or press “Ctrl” plus “C” in order to skip the set up procedure.
10. Type the following commands to finish the reset
copy running-config startup-config
enable secret passsword
Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to comment below. If you like what you have read, please share it on your favourite social media medium.